Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Former school teacher, home educator, mother of three, and genealogist. Many graduate courses in education. Attorney and counselor at law.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Washing feet equals hazing


I remember that way, way back in my undergraduate days at a formerly Quaker college that I was somewhat uncomfortable when "born-again" Christians crossed my path. You see, that was because they were unfailingly happy, smiling, and serious about their school work. I was not. I was embarrassed, humiliated, and offended by them. Nope, I did not complain - you see, this was a strictly internal response to their very presence on campus. Of course, I grew up and gave up being offended by Christian presence. T hat is good, because eventually I became a Christian.

But that is not the core of this blog, just a lead-in. Savannah State University ousted a Christian group for "hazing" and "harassment." Their crime? Washing the feet of new Christians. Oh, and they violated "parole" by attending a Christian event at Disneyland. Now, they are in BIG trouble.

Never fear. The good people at the National Legal Foundation and the Alliance Defense Fund have come to the rescue. When will college and universities give up this censorship of Christian groups?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home