Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

Former school teacher, home educator, mother of three, and genealogist. Many graduate courses in education. Attorney and counselor at law.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Thomas Jefferson Hated Hate Crime Legislation


President Jefferson, an icon of early American architecture, education, and, of course, statesmanship, would not like modern day censorship of opinions.

William J. Federer, national speaker for Christian causes,
noted this last week.

When I was a child, I remember being told that "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." My parents and teachers used that as a way of helping us to stop hitting each other when someone called us names. Of course, we were also expected to "turn the other cheek." I wonder if anyone is teaching these things today?

I guess that is an old-fashioned notion. Therefore, not worth teaching or considering in the modern age.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(saw this on the web)

WHO'S BEHIND 'HATE' LAWS ?

To find out, Yahoo "The Earliest 'Hate' Criminals" while it is still legal in America to read it!

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home